SEMUA tentang WakTu

Pada akhirnya...
semua
akan jadi masa lalu,

kemarin, hari ini, esok atau lusa.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WHO told U a CALF to be?


......."Stop complaining!!" said the farmer,
who told you a calf to be?
Why don't you have wings to fly with
like a swallow so proud and free... (from Donna, donna, donna)

I found that lyrics when I was watching "Gie", an Indonesian Movie. Soe Hok Gie (December 17, 1942 - December 16, 1969) was an Indonesian activist, who opposed the successive dictatorships of Presidents Sukarno and Suharto.
Well, here, I will not talk about Gie, since I don't know much about him. And, I don't really like to learn history because definitely we don't know the truth, we just read based on some people stories and assumptions or arguements, and someone would like to change the story for any purpose, especially for their political concerns. So, just let them rest in peace, in their own world... ;)

"Who told you a calf to be?". This question remind me to my professor in my previous university. Actually, he didn't talk about a calf and its destiny to be a calf. He only said who told you to fail? Who told you to feel pain? Who told you to cry? Whatever your problems, stop complain, you have to make a deal with it. Just be responsible of yourself! And step to the future..
To now, his words to be sounded in my ear... "who told u, who told u, who told u..."

No comments: